Tuesday 22 November 2011

Happy Birthday Nathan!

Today it is my brother, Nathan's Birthday. He is 22. Unfortunatley I won't get to spend the special day with him this year as he is staying in London until Christmas. At the weekend I had a girly craft session with my mum and introduced her to the thrill of Stampin' Up! (She is also in London a lot so hadn't had time to fully explore with me...until now!) We had great fun making him a birthday card each - as you can see below, we went for two completely different looks!


This is the card my Mum made. She mounted some "Big Top Birthday" DSP onto Real Red card stock. This was then finished with a stamp from the "Tagtastic" hostess stamp range. I love the bear; he is sooo cute! (and a bargain too if you're a hostess - only £12 hostess pounds!)


This is my card. As you can see, completely different!! I mounted some "Perfect Polka Dots"
embossed, Early Expresso Card stock onto Soft Suade and covered the join with some Chocolate Chip scallop dots ribbon. I die cut a fancy circle, from the "Perfect Pennants" die, out of the "Well Worn" DSP. I then used a stamp from the "Happiest Birthday Wishes" hostess stamp set and stamped thios onto the DSP in Early Expresso ink. I finished the card off with a small label, made from the "Decorative Label" punch, in So Saffron DSP. I stamped the "Wish Big" sentiment from the "Pennant Parade" stamp set and finally set a clear rhinestone brad on the edge, to bling it up a bit!

Hope you like the cards!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, both very different and equally lovely!
    and I am glad your Mum enjoyed making cards too,
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete